Goodbye, Old Tree
Primary | Environment | Views: 116
You will Need:
- Access to a computer and the internet
What to Do:
- Sometimes, old trees have sadly got to be chopped down. When this happens, the kindest thing to do for the environment is to reuse as much as we can. Make a brainstorm or mind map of as many different ways to use ALL parts of the tree - even the leaves!
- What parts of the tree could you use?
- How could the tree be used to help plants and animals?
- How are you going to present your ideas? What will make your ideas stand out?
- Create a story about the life of the tree. Be imaginative - maybe you could pretend to be the tree and write in the first person as the tree!
- Design a poster that tells the community how the tree will be reused. Make it bright and attractive to get local people involved in helping reuse the old tree.
We want to read your stories and see your posters! Send them to us at email@example.com or tag us on Twitter @KentMedwaySTEM
Click on the link below to access this activity resource…plus many more!