Primary | Environment | Views: 399
Did you know that you can charm worms by making vibrations on the ground, causing them to pop out from their holes?
Find an area with some damp soils and create vibrations in the ground - how could you do this?
Make sure that the ground is very wet before you start.
Some ways you could vibrate the ground:
- Push something in the ground and wiggle it.
- Dance or jump or move in some other way.
- Play a musical instrument.
When you have charmed a worm, take a photo! We would love to see them! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Twitter @STEMHUB_SE
Once you have charmed some worms…
- Explore more about why vibration makes worms come out of the ground.
- Look closely at worms to find out how they move.
- Find out more about the life of a worm.
- Find out why worms are important.
Click on the link below to access this activity resource…plus many more!