The STEM Hub has had the pleasure of working with STEM Ambassadors and Companies across the South East to provide this interactive online Engineering and Technology event for school students, which is now live.
ENGiTECH aims to inform young people, their teachers and families about STEM skills and careers by providing bite-size information delivered in an accessible and engaging way. This is achieved by using our unique event design which creatively combines animation with video content recorded by STEM Companies.
The event will have four main areas (resources):
- Career Journeys: Pupils can choose which STEM professional they place on the Space Shuttle and help them navigate their way to information about careers in STEM. There are 3 clues to each company to start the activity.
- Future Me EngiTech editions: These interactive virtual flip books contain careers advice written by STEM professionals who work in Engineering and Technology. There is a Primary and Secondary version, providing fun facts about their jobs, their day-to-day challenges, along with the skills and knowledge they need.
- The Circus Tent for Primary schools: Primary workshops including Electricity, Sounds, Coding and much more. Activities can be used as classwork or homework. There are 3 EngiTech stories and challenges where pupils can win prizes!
- Workshop Timetable for Secondary schools: Designed to help young people with the skills they will need to develop an understanding of STEM, these activities are linked to the curriculum and can be accessed either through an interactive timetable.
- Live Talks: Join STEM professionals who work in a huge variety of careers in Engineering and Technology for Live Talks with Q&A, interactivity, and make-along opportunities. Live Talks take place on MS Teams Live, with safeguarding measures included.
- Catch-Up: Live Talks will be recorded and added to the timetable for all to use throughout the event.
So why not join in and help us inspire the STEM professionals of the future!
This online event has now ended