Interested in giving your students the opportunity to try out the latest promising technology products for FREE? EdTech designs technology that helps with formative assessment and essay marking, parental engagement and timetabling. They want to find out, what works best for students and teachers?
EdTech Innovation Testbed’s aim is to support teaching and reduce teacher workload. The main outcomes will be practical advice based on evidence for schools, colleges and EdTech. This project is part of a wider programme of work in partnership with the Department for Education to support schools and colleges to make more effective use of technology.
Want to experiment to see how technology can help you? Here are the benefits:
- Try out technology for free to address a challenge in your school or college to support better student outcomes or reduce staff workload and find out whether it works.
- Improve how your school or college uses technology, as part of a community of participating schools/colleges.
- Receive ongoing support to reduce the time involved and resource burden to a minimum. We recognise that time is precious and will assist lead staff as best we can. Support can include financial contributions to cover staff time, support with implementing the EdTech tools through helplines and hands-on advice and guidance. Schools will also be supported in collecting data for the evaluation. More information on support is available on our FAQ page (www.nesta.org.uk/project/edtech-innovation-testbed/frequently-asked-questions)
- Professional development for lead staff focused on implementation of educational technology, understanding of evidence and evaluating in your own school or college setting.
How does it work?
- Submit a short online form to apply to join the EdTech Innovation Testbed (www.nesta.org.uk/testbed)
- The form will ask questions about your school/college or group of schools/colleges, what kinds of technology products you are interested in trying out and what outcomes you are most interested in.
- Our independent evaluation experts will then work to match eligible schools and colleges with promising technology products that meet the needs of you and your students.
Who can apply?
- Schools and colleges in England
- Join as an individual school/college or as a group (multi-academy trust, etc.)
- The person who would most likely be the ‘Lead Contact’ should apply.
How can my school/college take part?
- Submit the application form (www.nesta.org.uk/testbed)
- You may want to look at all the questions before completing the form by downloading a pdf copy of the form on our FAQ page. You also can save the online form and return to it later.
If you have any questions while submitting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call them directly on 020 7438 2592.