Career Talk Fridays – Medical Careers
Secondary | Health | Views: 204
Inspiring the next generation of medical professionals.
Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS) is an exciting collaboration between Canterbury Christ Church University and the University of Kent and builds on their existing high-quality clinical teaching and research strengths.
KMMS is working in partnership with the highly regarded and well-established Brighton and Sussex Medical School for support and quality assurance purposes. From September 2020, our school will educate aspiring doctors to train to deliver 21st century medicine. We want to attract talented students from all backgrounds, from the local community and beyond and offer opportunities to help to transform the future of healthcare.
- Learn about the amazing opportunities that a career in medicine provides, and think…if medicine might be for you?
- In the presentation, Dr. Pamela identifies some factors to consider when interested in a medical career. How can you prepare for these factors?
- There are more than 60 specialties in medical careers – explore some in the video and find out more about those that interest you.
- Dr. Pamela outlines some of the knowledge and skills that are desired attributes for a doctor. These would be worth reflecting on, and perhaps developing, in your future career journey.
- Pathways into a Medical Degree Programme are outlined – which route suits you?
- It is worth considering having some work experience that will be an attribute on any application. Find out more in the video.
- What will your career journey develop after studying? Dr. Pamela describes the various pathways that you could pursue.
- Refer to the video for further reading and research suggestions.
If you have a STEM Career question, we have STEM Ambassadors that are there to provide you guidance. Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org