On This Day
Scottish inventor John Logie Baird demonstrated the first television system in London on this day in 1926.
FIND OUT MORE »
Winter STEM: Power of Magnets
Visit Hut 1 to take part in the Power of Magnets workshop.
Follow the explanation of how magnets work…it’s all about hooks and loops!
- Magnets can hold their energy for a long time and only lose less than 5% of their power every 100 years!
- How much strength do they have to start with?
- Follow along to find out!
- What is the nemesis of magnets? HEAT!
- Follow along to see what happens when heat is applied to magnets…how does it affect its strength?
- Watch to find out why this happens.
- Learn about magnetic and non-magnetic materials and their surprising effect on magnets!
Try some other activities from our STEM@Home section