Mister Sandy And Mr Squawk, Geog. Rocks Episode 2
Primary | Structures | Views: 140
We learn about three rock types. Can you answer these questions using Mister Sandy’s video?
- Where are these rocks usually found?
- How long do they take to form? What do they make from sandstone? Some
- sedimentary rocks are made from animals, how does this happen? Where in the
- world can we find examples of sedimentary rocks?
- Meta means change and morphic means form, what does that tell us about how the rock is made?
- Metamorphic rocks can be transparent – what does that mean?
- How are these rocks made?
- What colours did Sandy show us?
- These rocks can form crystals – how does this happen?
- Where does lava come from?
- What is it called before it is called lava?
Now that you know about the three rock types, answer these questions:
- Which rocks have glittering parts? What are these made of?
- Which type of rock can make the thinnest rock in the world?
- When sedimentary layers of rock get squashed, they become which rock?
- Which kind of rocks are best for finding fossils?
- Which rocks can be broken most easily?