Primary | Structures | Views: 487
You will Need:
- Marshmallows (or blutac, grapes, apples – something that the spaghetti can stick into and will hold the structure in place)
- Sellotape (optional)
What to Do:
- Draw a design and plan for your structure. How will it stay upright? How can you make it as tall as possible?
- Create your base, using the tips from Katie: it is better to have a larger base to keep it steady, and you may want to stick it down using some Sellotape.
- This is where your imagination takes over! Using your design and begin building. You might want to make changes as you go to make your structure steadier or to help build it taller. Think and talk about the changes you have made.
- Did you complete the spaghetti challenge? Maybe compete against someone else or make it taller than something in your home. Can you do it?
We would love to see some photos of your spaghetti structures! Tag us on Twitter: @KentMedwaySTEM or send your structure for feedback or help from an engineer by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org