The Very Hungry Caterpillar Rainbow Fruit
Primary | Environment | Views: 262
Have you read the story of The Very Hungry Caterpillar? You can hear the story, read by the author Eric Carle, in the video.
- Which of the foods that the caterpillar eats, have you tried? Are any of the fruits that the caterpillar eats amongst your favourites?
- Would you like to be like The Very Hungry Caterpillar and eat a selection of fruit?
- Follow the instructions below to make a fruit rainbow using fruit that you have at home.
You will Need:
- You can use fresh fruit, frozen fruit or tinned fruit if you have it.
- Make sure you eat what you use and don’t waste food!
- Don’t worry if you don’t have all the colours.
Health and Safety: Get an adult to help you get a chopping board and a suitable knife.
What to Do:
- Taking care with the knife, chop the fruit into chunks and arrange them on a plate in a rainbow.
- If you have kebab skewers you could make individual fruit kebabs, putting the fruit on the skewer in the order of the colours of the rainbow.
Get Creative! Draw and colour the fruits that you have used in order to show the colours of the rainbow. Write the name of each fruit as a label for your rainbow.
We would love to see your rainbow creations! Send a photo to email@example.com to hear from an expert STEM Ambassador about your creation, or tag us on Twitter @KentMedwaySTEM