Build a fort with room to play!
Primary | Structures | Views: 898
Use your imagination to come up with a space of your own, using what you already have at home.
Here are some ideas:
- Use bedsheets, blankets and chairs to create a roof over your head.
- Tie some string and put a sheet over it to make a tent.
- Tie branches and sticks together to make a tee-pee.
Think like an engineer:
- A good fort uses forces to stay up by pushing or pulling on each other.
- You will have to create tension to pull something up and over to make your roof.
- You will need anchors – something heavy to hold your roof in place.
- Draw and label a diagram that shows the forces in your fort!
Send us a photo of your diagram or your real-life fort! Tag us on Twitter @STEMHUB_SE
Get guidance on how to build a fort or feedback on your building from a STEM Ambassador! Email email@example.com