Grow Carrots from Carrots
Primary | Environment | Views: 785
You will Need:
- Carrot tops
- A dish/plate
What to Do:
- Before cooking, save the carrot tops after chopping your carrots. This reduces waste and creates new plants for the environment!
- Fill the bottom of a shallow dish or plate with water and place it somewhere that gets sunlight.
- Place the carrot tops on the plate, ensuring that the bottoms are covered with water, but they are not completely submerged.
- Keep an eye on the level of water for the carrots and top up when needed.
- Watch your carrot tops begin to sprout roots.
- Once your carrots have tall roots, they are ready to plant in soil to take care of and grow!