Primary | Environment | Views: 252
You will Need:
- Plastic box
- Noise source
What to Do:
- Create noise using your noise source – perhaps you could play some music.
- Begin by placing the noise source in the air and measure how loud it is – you could just use your own observation.
- Now, place the noise source on the table – has the noise level changed?
- Why do you think the noise is louder? Can you think of a way of preventing the noise from travelling?
- The table amplifies the sound, making it louder. We need to isolate the noise source. Add a sponge under your noise source to absorb some of the noise.
- Try this experiment again, but instead of hearing the noise…feel the vibrations! Touch the table while the noise source is directly on the table and on the sponge and observe whether you feel a difference.
- Watch the video to find out some real-life applications of what you have learned, as well as some fun ways you can change up the experiment!