You can become an engineer through:
- You could do a higher national diploma or degree in any specific area of engineering, like the branches mentioned before.
- Some courses include a year working in industry. This experience could be useful when you start applying for jobs after finishing your course. You could also arrange your own work placement with a company.
- You could do a Level 4 and 5 Higher National Diploma in an area of engineering before looking for work.
- Another way of getting into engineering is by doing an engineering degree apprenticeship.
- Another option is to begin in the workplace as a technician and train on the job to become an engineer.