TYPES OF ENGINEERING ROLES WITHIN ROYAL ENGINEERS
The Corps of Royal Engineers, usually just called the Royal Engineers (RE), and commonly known as the Sappers, is a corps of the British Army. It provides military engineering and other technical support to the British Armed Forces and is headed by the Chief Royal Engineer.
Jade is a trained combat engineer which involves building bridges, purifying water and carrying out various construction tasks around camp or the environment we are in.
Volunteering and Experience
1. Learn a new skill or trade
2. Lots of different opportunities
3. Interact with different people every day
4. Travel the world
5. Can make a difference in people’s lives
6. Serving your country
7. Everyday is different and places you visit
8. Wide variety of careers available
9. Financially rewarding
10. High level of satisfaction
“It has changed my life in terms of the confidence I now have ”